Ohhhh yum. If you love making sandwhiches for your family, they will love this one.
Typical: went to store to buy milk (nothing else). Milk here costs $6 for 2 gallons. Left store with four grocery bags, $60 later…
N E Wayz. Here’s it is!
Ingredients: (please buy grown in USA produce)
1 package of fresh-baked sandwhich rolls (6 ct)
EVVO (extra virgin olive oil)
1 tomato from vine, sliced
1 avocado, perfectly ripe, sliced
clover sprouts – add as much or little as u like
romaine lettuce, 1 slice piece per sandwhich
1 jar of Mediteranean Salad (marinated artichoke hearts, roasted red bell pepper, baby corn, hearts of palm, etc.)
manzanilla olives (green olives with pimentos), crushed or sliced
black olives, crushed or sliced
deli turkey meat of your choice
Wow. By the time I had everything piled up on the bread, I hardly had any room for the meat. So I added just one slice of turkey and that did the trick.
Prepare all food items above.
- Slice sandwhich rolls, set aside.
- Coat pan with EVVO just enough to cover pan.
- Grill sandwhich bread on medium-high heat until golden brown.
- Remove from pan, set aside bread on reserved platter with napkin to soak up any remaining oil.
- Add mayo, spread a thin layer.
- Add tomato slices, olives, and Mediteranean salad (no need to slice). Put as much or as little as you like.
- Add sprouts, lettuce, avocado on other side.
I don’t think you need any cheese, but if you must, I recommend HAVARTI. Mmmm.
BTW, this is a killer sandwhich and very satisfying! Let me know if you try it! Next time we have them, I will take some photos with a real camera of the finished product. For now, you’ll have to deal with my crappy webcam pics.